Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 46

Thread: Lyrics R Us!

  1. #21
    moderator gus danger's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 6th, 2001
    Posts
    9,105
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Arrow

    #20 New hint. It's a two word title!
    [img]wink.gif[/img]
    GD

  2. #22
    4Jettheads
    Guest 4Jettheads's Avatar

    Post

    I got one for ya. No points, though. It just started ringing in my feeble last night for some reason while I was reading the Godfather. Anyway, the lyrics are:
    Refrain

    "A little bit of love is better than no love
    And even a bad love is better than no love
    Cuz any kind of love is better than no love at all"

    The song is from the very early 70's and I thought maybe the Partridge Family did it, but I'm not sure. Good luck. It's driving me up the wall now cuz I can't remember who did it.

  3. #23
    Inactive Member almarockstar's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 2nd, 2004
    Posts
    222
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    DANG! i feel a bit [img]graemlins/grrr.gif[/img] i only know two
    #4 Secrets
    #20 by Gus *** And yes it's what we all feel

    Cool game Gus, after reading the awnsers i feel so [img]graemlins/gulp.gif[/img] since i know most of those songs but never really paid attention to the lyrics ajajjajajajajjajajaj [img]graemlins/star.gif[/img]

  4. #24
    HB Forum Owner rocketmaster's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 25th, 2000
    Posts
    1,342
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    LOL! Did anyone ever hear the song "Hot Cherie" by Danny Spanos? (I heard that Neal Shon covered the song in a later project.) Great song.

    Hey Cherie, was that song written for you???

    I can't manage to locate the lyrics online, but I remember them as being pretty racy. Maybe Mr. Danger will have more success than I?

    P.S. I found a couple of copies on ebay:

    Danny Spanos LP on Ebay

    Hot Cherie Vinyl 45 on Ebay

    <font color="#007FFF" size="1">[ November 12, 2004 03:14 PM: Message edited by: rocketmaster ]</font>

  5. #25
    4Jettheads
    Guest 4Jettheads's Avatar

    Post

    I'll work on it. I give up on the other lyrics. I just can't place 'em. I pretty well toasted my gray cells on the Monty Python number. I still crack up on the Black Knight scene.

  6. #26
    moderator gus danger's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 6th, 2001
    Posts
    9,105
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Arrow

    Good evening folks!
    Our judges have determined that, to be fair, CCfan's last answer should have been accepted.
    #20 'Cherie is beautiful in every way' has been ruled "close enough" to 'Beautiful Cherie' and so that point goes to CCfan!
    That puts you in third place CCfan! CCongratulations to you!!!!! [img]graemlins/thumbs_up.gif[/img]
    Can you believe it's been 2 1/2 years since I wrote that little ditty?

    Alma! It's nice seeing you here on 'Lyrics R Us' and elsewhere too!
    Oh heck, it's just nice seeing YOU, period! [img]wink.gif[/img]

    Nope rocketmaster, I haven't heard of 'Hot Cherie' by Danny Spanos or Neal Shon but I'll run it by my friend Mr. Goggle asap!
    If Mr. Spanos has ever met Cherie, then there is a good possibility she inspired that song, IMO!
    I'll have a look-see at the eBay items too, thanks!

    Here's what is left folks and here is a hint:
    At least one of these songs is performed by Cherie Currie!

    And now, on with the show! [img]biggrin.gif[/img]

    07. A simple sound that shines, a word of power personified.

    11. Some you win, some you lose, some you compromise.

    14. Life is love and love is never wrong.

  7. #27
    4Jettheads
    Guest 4Jettheads's Avatar

    Angry

    Cherie's "Young and Wild" were later covered by both Van Halen and Venus. I haven't heard Hot Cherie. And I still give up the other lyrics. I still can't place 'em.

  8. #28
    moderator gus danger's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 6th, 2001
    Posts
    9,105
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Arrow

    Hint time -->One of these songs is 'Moonshine Lullaby' by Cherie Currie,
    but which one? [img]graemlins/hmmm.gif[/img]

    You can listen to a 'song sample download' here and figger it out:

    http://www.rocketcityrecords.com/cherie/

    Good luck!
    [img]graemlins/thumbs_up.gif[/img] [img]biggrin.gif[/img]
    Gus

  9. #29
    4Jettheads
    Guest 4Jettheads's Avatar

    Post

    Hmm, my system won't download the realplayer, but I'm listening to a buncha Cherie's songs on CDNOW. I gotta confess, I really haven't listened to a lot of her solo songs till now. And I call myself a rocker. I'm so ashamed.

  10. #30
    4Jettheads
    Guest 4Jettheads's Avatar

    Post

    Oh, oh, oh, I got a couple picks here. Farmboy really likes "This Time" and "Since You've Been Gone" ain't too shabby either. I like Cherie's lower octave vocals on "This Time." I'm listening to some of the tunes from "Messin' with the Boys" right now.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Links to Cherie Currie's Websites:http://www.cheriecurrie.comhttp://www.chainsawchick.com
http://www.therunaways.com
http://www.myspace.com/cheriecurrie
http://www.myspace.com/cheriecurriemusic